Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Complimenting others

Ok tetiba rasa nak berblog harini.so here it goes.
I have a very interesting day today right from the fact that I attended all my classes today and managed to be awake in all of them. For me this is rare. Like really really rare. So nak cite there was this interesting event that took place today. It started when i saw this post by one my friend in facebook today that said “Today is my woman appreciation day. If you happen to see me, I owe you a compliment.”
So I thought heh this is weird but then again is also very interesting. The friend who posted this status happened to be a guy from my class. The thing is we do not exactly have the best classmate to classmate relationship with each other (i happen to actually dislike him before because of few project related things) but we still manage to be friendly saying hi and smile to each other from time to time.
A few hours afterwards in the lectures, i happened to be sitting next to him. Let just call him C then. So when I first took my seat, C said hi. I also said hi. After i settled down, C called me again. When I turned right, he made this really weird hand gesture to me. At first I did not get it. He then repeated his gestures which consist of showing something at my face and followed by a thumb up. So I’m like hehh is he saying that I look pretty??? This is weird. Super weird ok since we always fighting with each other before. The only response that I managed to do was asking a one syllable word. Why. He just shrugged but still managed to smile at the same time. It is lucky that I remembered his facebook status before my senses was trying to kill me with its curiosity.*Ok I admit giler hyperbolaaaa. hahhaha*
Ok soo lepas tu I quickly turned away since I can feel the blood rushing to my face. As hard as I’m trying to deny it, I actually feel pleased. My body proves it. My face feels hot. I actually BLUSHED. Although the compliment came from someone I initially did not like before, I like it nevertheless. hahaha. Compliments do make your day. So the moral of the story is always say something nice to other people. It might make someone else’s day and it also make you feel better. You will be more likeable and might get some new friends too. I have learnt it today by a first-hand experience. hehe
To C,
If you happen to be reading this post *which I doubt, haha*, I do feel appreciated. Thanks=P
*the thank you comes sans the sarcasm tone of course, haha*

No comments: